Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Make sound your productivity ally, part of Time Management Tips Weekly.
- Each of the five senses have a…tremendous impact on your ability…to stay productive in your workspace.…Sound in particular can pull your attention away,…or give you more focus, depending on…how you have things set up.…For instance, you might be distracted by…conversations that are taking place…around the office, or noises that are…happening outside, or even if you…have a home work environment,…you can be distracted by noises throughout the house.…I want to give you three options…to consider when it comes to shaping the sound…in your work environment.…
First, let's consider music.…In my book, The Myth of Multitasking,…I talk about the difference between…switchtasking and background tasking.…Switchtasking is when you're trying…to perform multiple attention-requiring…tasks at the same time, and background tasking…is where something mindless or mundane…happens in the background.…For some, music is background tasking.…It's a nice background to the workday…that helps them stay more productive.…For others, music is switchtasking.…
Have an idea for a future video from Dave? Submit it using our course feedback form. If you want more time management strategies now, we recommend watching Dave's Time Management Fundamentals course.
- Reducing interruptions
- Dealing with feeling overwhelmed
- Responding to quick questions
- Making the most of meetings
- Following up
- Implementing a closed door, open calendar policy
Skill Level Appropriate for all
New This Week
1. Time Management Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.