Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Make the most of meetings, part of Time Management Tips.
- What do you think of when I say the word "meetings?"…Most people don't have a very positive emotional…reaction to that phrase and with good reason,…meetings are often wasted time.…Now I do teach a full course on leading…productive meetings but in this video…I want to share with you a few tips…from the standpoint of an attendee.…How can you get the most out…of the meetings that you attend?…First, I recommend that you listen,…focus fully on other people while they're speaking.…
Do not multitask.…It's a temptation to try to do other things…but you want to demonstrate respect for other people…so that they'll demonstrate respect for you.…Also it helps you avoid having to retrace…your steps in case someone asks you…a question and you weren't paying attention.…Number two, I recommend that you…focus on taking action, not notes.…Now many people write down copious…notes during a meeting and they feel like…they're going to review all of those notes later.…
It's far more effective to focus on the actions…that you'll need to take as a result of the meeting.…
Have an idea for a future video from Dave? Submit it using our course feedback form. If you want more time management strategies now, we recommend watching Dave's Time Management Fundamentals course.
- Reducing interruptions
- Dealing with feeling overwhelmed
- Responding to quick questions
- Making the most of meetings
- Following up
- Implementing a closed door, open calendar policy
Skill Level Appropriate for all
New This Week
1. Time Management Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.