Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Make investments to gain time, part of Time Management Tips.
- When it comes to money, you likely understand…the concept of an asset.…Right, an asset is something you own,…and it gives you more money over time,…like I own a rental property,…and I earn money because people are paying rent.…But what if I told you you could also have time assets.…These are things that you own,…and they give you more time because you own them.…These are tools, like technology, or computers, or phones,…really anything that you do that give you more time.…The focus on getting time assets…is a 2% increase in your productivity.…
Why 2%?…Because a 2% increase equals one extra work week…every single year.…For instance, in my office,…I have done things to increase my productivity…by investing in assets.…I have more RAM in my computer.…I've made sure that I've upgraded my hard drive…to the latest edition.…Even your keyboard, you use that on a regular basis.…Is it functioning properly?…Is it ergonomic?…I have a mouse that I love to use…because it has lots of extra buttons and functions…that I can assign to things I perform on a regular basis.…
Have an idea for a future video from Dave? Submit it using our course feedback form. If you want more time management strategies now, we recommend watching Dave's Time Management Fundamentals course.
- Reducing interruptions
- Dealing with feeling overwhelmed
- Responding to quick questions
- Making the most of meetings
- Following up
- Implementing a closed door, open calendar policy
Skill Level Appropriate for all
New This Week
1. Time Management Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.