Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video How to respond to quick questions, part of Time Management Tips.
- Excuse me, I've got just a quick question.…How often do you hear that phrase throughout your day?…I call this the dreaded double-Q, the quick question…is one of the greatest offenders when it comes…to time management in the workplace,…it chops your day to pieces to constantly…respond to these little questions.…The problem is many people feel guilty…when they don't respond to these quick questions…because they want to be helpful and being…helpful to your coworkers is a good thing.…
So how is the best, most productive way…to respond to these quick questions?…I'm going to give you a four-step process.…The first question, "Can this wait…"until our one-to-one meeting?"…Now if you're not familiar with the concept…of a one-to-one meeting I recommend…you check out my course on this subject…in the library, but the basic idea is you…should have a regularly scheduled time…to discuss these quick questions.…Instead of answering them constantly…throughout the day you want to queue…them up and then bring them to…the one-to-one meeting where you ask…
Have an idea for a future video from Dave? Submit it using our course feedback form. If you want more time management strategies now, we recommend watching Dave's Time Management Fundamentals course.
- Reducing interruptions
- Dealing with feeling overwhelmed
- Responding to quick questions
- Making the most of meetings
- Following up
- Implementing a closed door, open calendar policy
Skill Level Appropriate for all
New This Week
1. Time Management Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.