Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video How to deal with feeling overwhelmed, part of Time Management Tips.
- View Offline
- All of us experience moments where we feel…just completely overwhelmed,…that there is too much to handle in life…or at work and there's no way…that we're going to unbury ourselves.…There are two kinds of overwhelm that…I see most people experience.…First, is just too much stuff to do,…and the second is when a major life event occurs…that causes you to shift your schedule…in a dramatic way.…First of all let's talk about if you just have…too much stuff to do.…
The first place I look at when someone feels…overwhelmed is email.…Often people just get buried by email…and they don't know how to get out of it.…This is when you have hundreds if not thousands…or tens of thousands of email in your inbox.…If you find yourself in a situation like that,…I recommend that you pick a date in the past,…perhaps 30 days ago,…and declare email bankruptcy as of that date.…You're not going to delete everything from that date,…but you're going to power archive…everything in your email inbox…that is older than that date which you chose.…
Have an idea for a future video from Dave? Submit it using our course feedback form. If you want more time management strategies now, we recommend watching Dave's Time Management Fundamentals course.
- Reducing interruptions
- Dealing with feeling overwhelmed
- Responding to quick questions
- Making the most of meetings
- Following up
- Implementing a closed door, open calendar policy
Skill Level Appropriate for all
New This Week
1. Time Management Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.