Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Follow up on delegated items, part of Time Management Tips.
- View Offline
- One common issue in the workplace…is when a co-worker or a team member…delegates a task to someone else…and they fail to follow up with that person.…Because they failed to follow up with that person,…that person fails to complete the task.…This is a common issue that is fairly easy to remedy.…All we need to do is be more consistent…with creating followups.…Here are some tips to make that happen.…Number one is to establish some reminder tool for yourself.…
For instance, you can have a second calendar…that is only used to pop up to remind you…of when someone else should get something to you.…Or if you already have a task reminder tool…that you're using effectively, you can use that as well.…The idea though is that we want…to get the pressure away from your mind…to remember whether or not people are doing things.…Use some sort of digital tool to do that for you.…Second, whenever you have any doubt…that someone is going to complete their assignment,…schedule a reminder for yourself.…
Yes, occasionally there are things…
Have an idea for a future video from Dave? Submit it using our course feedback form. If you want more time management strategies now, we recommend watching Dave's Time Management Fundamentals course.
- Reducing interruptions
- Dealing with feeling overwhelmed
- Responding to quick questions
- Making the most of meetings
- Following up
- Implementing a closed door, open calendar policy
Skill Level Appropriate for all
New This Week
1. Time Management Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.