Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Follow through on your commitments, part of Time Management Tips.
- There are many rules of thumb…when it comes to being successful.…But I think that the first, most important rule,…and probably the simplest, is this,…do what you say you're going to do…when you say you're going to do it.…Now it's very easy for any of us to promise…that we're going to get something done…and that we're going to get it done by a certain date.…But the real challenge,…is following through on that promise…and keeping it consistently.…How can you be more consistent at doing…what you say you're going to do…when you say you're going to do it?…Here are six tips to help you stay on track.…
First of all, always have your calendar.…Make that calendar your best friend.…Keep it with you at all times.…And before you make a commitment to anything,…look at it.…Look at how much time you have available.…That will help you do a better job…of estimating what is actually realistic…for you to accomplish.…Second, when making the commitment,…have a conversation with the other person and verify it.…Ask questions like,…when is the latest I can get this to you?…
Have an idea for a future video from Dave? Submit it using our course feedback form. If you want more time management strategies now, we recommend watching Dave's Time Management Fundamentals course.
- Reducing interruptions
- Dealing with feeling overwhelmed
- Responding to quick questions
- Making the most of meetings
- Following up
- Implementing a closed door, open calendar policy
Skill Level Appropriate for all
New This Week
1. Time Management Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.