Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Fight negative procrastination, part of Time Management Tips.
- View Offline
- There are many reasons why people don't follow through.…Why they procrastinate.…Now, I talk about the difference…between negative procrastination…and positive procrastination.…Positive procrastination is when you schedule something…in your calendar and give yourself a lot of time…to complete it in an appropriate way.…That's a good thing.…But, negative procrastination…is when you have something scheduled…or you know you're supposed to do something…and you keep pushing it off.…This is the kind of procrastination…I want to confront in this video.…
First, understand that the reason behind procrastination…most often has to do with some kind of emotion…that you're feeling.…Often it's fear of how hard it's going to be…or discomfort that you don't want…to do that kind of activity.…Perhaps you wish you were doing something else.…In this situation, we need to utilize a few tricks…to get yourself to follow through,…even if you don't want to.…The first trick is to ignore the emotion…that you're feeling.…
At least the emotion just before doing it.…
Have an idea for a future video from Dave? Submit it using our course feedback form. If you want more time management strategies now, we recommend watching Dave's Time Management Fundamentals course.
- Reducing interruptions
- Dealing with feeling overwhelmed
- Responding to quick questions
- Making the most of meetings
- Following up
- Implementing a closed door, open calendar policy
Skill Level Appropriate for all
New This Week
1. Time Management Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.