Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Establish boundaries in open workspaces, part of Time Management Tips.
- View Offline
- There's one increasingly popular trend…in modern workspaces, and that is…to have an open work environment.…The idea behind the open work environment…is to create a positive atmosphere…where there's more teamwork and…there's more collaboration.…It creates a culture of where people…can feel like they talk to each other at any time.…There is one major negative associated…with that in that it can increase…interruptions dramatically.…How do we get the most out of an…open work environment, and at…the same time, maintain productivity…by having less switches in our workday?…Here are a few tips.…
First of all, if you have any control…over the layout of an open workspace,…please designate one area for private work.…In other words, a few cubicles or…one particular quiet room.…This gives people the opportunity…to step out of the chatter of an…open work environment, and focus on one project.…Second, I recommend that as an organization,…you sit down and talk about the rules…for an open work environment.…Talk about when it's appropriate…
Have an idea for a future video from Dave? Submit it using our course feedback form. If you want more time management strategies now, we recommend watching Dave's Time Management Fundamentals course.
- Reducing interruptions
- Dealing with feeling overwhelmed
- Responding to quick questions
- Making the most of meetings
- Following up
- Implementing a closed door, open calendar policy
Skill Level Appropriate for all
New This Week
1. Time Management Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.