Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Ergonomics' impact on productivity, part of Time Management Tips.
- View Offline
- How familiar are you with the concept of ergonomics?…Ergonomics in its most simple term is…improving your workspace…to help you be more productive…and put less strain on your body.…In this brief tips video,…I'm not going to go into…a detailed explanation of ergonomics.…I'm not an ergonomics expert,…but I have learned many of the basics…through the years of working with people…in their workspace…and helping them become more productive.…So, I'm going to help you avoid…a few of the most common mistakes.…
The first principle is to maintain neutral posture.…This is just a fancy way of saying…have your body in a natural position,…so that we're not putting too much strain…on your muscles or your joints.…For instance, the chair that you sit in…should help your back be in a natural,…curved position, not that you're hunched too far forward…or leaning too far back.…And your arms, when they're bent,…should be at a natural position…that doesn't put strain on the joints.…The second principle is to make sure…that the things you use most often are within reach.…
Have an idea for a future video from Dave? Submit it using our course feedback form. If you want more time management strategies now, we recommend watching Dave's Time Management Fundamentals course.
- Reducing interruptions
- Dealing with feeling overwhelmed
- Responding to quick questions
- Making the most of meetings
- Following up
- Implementing a closed door, open calendar policy
Skill Level Appropriate for all
New This Week
1. Time Management Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.