Interactive Data Visualization with Processing
Start communicating ideas and diagramming data in a more interactive way. In this course, author Barton Poulson shows how to read, map, and illustrate data with Processing, an open-source drawing and development environment. On top of a solid introduction to Processing itself, this course investigates methods for obtaining and preparing data, designing for data visualization, and building an interactive experience out of a design. When your visualization is complete, explore the options for sharing your work, whether uploading it to specialized websites, embedding the visualizations in your own web pages, or even creating a desktop or Android app for your work.
- Exploring the need for creative data visualization
- Drawing basic lines and shapes
- Introducing variables, strings, and arrays
- Modifying drawing attributes such as color
- Making drawings more dynamic with animation loops and spirals
- Creating keyboard- and mouse-based interactions
- Adding images, video, and sound
- Reading in text or XML data
- Creating plots and charts
- Publishing and sharing your work
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Bart Poulson, and I'd like to welcome you to Interactive Data Visualization with Processing. Processing is a free, open source programming environment that's based on JAVA. In this course, I'll teach you how to create basic and complex shapes, static sketches and dynamic animations, and interactive sketches that respond to user input. I'll also show you how to install external libraries that can add functionality to your sketches, import local and external data sets into Processing, and develop custom visualizations that are perfectly suited for your data.
Finally, I'll demonstrate how you can export images and animations from your visualizations for use in other programs, and create standalone applications for Mac, Windows, and Linux, as well as Android mobile devices with a single click. And so, let's get started with Interactive Data Visualization with Processing.
Projects for Interactive Data Visualization with Processing29,589 Views
Up and Running with Octave26,022 Views
Code Clinic: R76,189 Views
Code Clinic: Python133,944 Views
Up and Running with Neo4j68,887 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,678,359 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,283,533 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,024,214 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals7,772,051 Views