How to achieve enhancement of almost any sound source, and the best applications
- [Voiceover] The first pitch shifting device I ever…learned was, new at the time was the Harmonizer H10…by Eventide and I loved the way it worked.…It thickened a sound by detuning it…and adding it back into itself via the mix…and it gave us some effects that we hadn't heard before yet…and really fell in love with.…That technique morphed a little bit with the advent…of stereo versions of that device by AMS and by…(mumbling).…I really fell in love with the AMS 1580…which has been replicated here by Soundtoys…and I'm gonna show you some of the different ways I use it.…
Let's check this song out for a second,…this is Reckless by Rumours.…- [Male Singer] ♫ Here's to all the undecided, ♫…♫ searching for the road to go down next. ♫…♫ Here's to all the young outsiders not afraid to ♫…♫ stand out from the rest. ♫…- [Voiceover] Solo the vocal now.…- [Male Singer] ♫ Here's to all the ♫…- [Voiceover] So one of the places the vocal is going…is this micro pitch shift device.…
The first thing it hits, however is this DS-er.…
- Choosing the right reverb
- Adding digital delay
- Tuning your mix
- Phase shifting and flanging
- Increasing drum power and presence
- Driving home the groove with acoustic guitars
- Adding sheer volume to your mix
- Affecting the effects
- Making the chorus "pop"
- Knowing when your mix is done
Skill Level Intermediate
Mixing Techniques for Pop Music Part 1with Brian Malouf3h 19m Intermediate
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
1. Effects and Ambience
2. Auxiliary and Master Bussing
3. Variables: Finding Your Own Way
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.