Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with templates, part of Learning Pro Tools.
- In this movie we'll take a look at some of the…pre-made Templates that come with the…Pro Tools 12 install.…And we'll also learn how to make our own custom Templates.…Remember, when you open Pro Tools,…or select File, Create New,…you're brought out to the Dashboard.…Now here in the Dashboard under Create…you have a whole bunch of Templates…to choose from.…There're in various categories like guitar,…music, post production.…And all of these are pre-made Templates…that have various tracks and settings on those tracks…that can be useful to you as you work.…
Let's take a look at one of them.…For example I'm gonna go into Music…and I'll choose the Dubstep Template.…Now I'm gonna make this sample 48kH…and I'll keep the settings as they are here.…When I click create,…it's gonna ask me where to save it.…I'll just keep the name Dubstep and I'll put it out…on our desktop for now.…So what these Templates are, like I said,…they're basically a whole bunch of preset tracks.…Some of them have even preset MIDI sequences…in it like this one.…
Find more tutorials on our Pro Tools page.
- Setting up Pro Tools 12
- Working with templates
- Creating a drumbeat
- Loop recording
- Editing and arranging audio and MIDI
- Adjusting tempo
- Adding EQ and compression to the mix
- Performing real-time automation
- Bussing audio
- Creating reverb and delay
- Finalizing and exporting your mix
Skill Level Beginner
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
Pro Tools: Mixing and Masteringwith Brian Lee White10h 32m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Pro Tools 12
2. Recording MIDI and Audio
3. Arranging and Editing
5. Finishing the Song
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.