Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with other FX, part of Learning Pro Tools.
- When we applied our EQs and compressors…to our mix, we were using real time…plugins inserted in our track.…In this movie, we'll explore another type…of processing available in Pro Tools 12:…the AudioSuite plugins.…Many AudioSuite plugins do the same thing…as their real time insert counterparts.…The main difference is that these…type of plugins need to be rendered.…Let's check out the AudioSuite.…Before we process any clips, we wanna…select an area or an entire clip to be processed.…So I'm gonna double click and select this "DRUMS_98" clip.…
Then I'll go up to the AudioSuite and here we see a list…of all our possible AudioSuite plugins.…Some of them look the same as ones…we used as real time plugins, like the EQ3 7-Band.…But in here, you'll also find AudioSuite…plugins that are only available…as AudioSuite plugins, such as Reverse.…Reverse is something you can't really do in real time.…So here's the AuidoSuite plugin pop-up window…and there's not a lot of parameters…available for reversing audio.…You basically just hit render to start it…
Find more tutorials on our Pro Tools page.
- Setting up Pro Tools 12
- Working with templates
- Creating a drumbeat
- Loop recording
- Editing and arranging audio and MIDI
- Adjusting tempo
- Adding EQ and compression to the mix
- Performing real-time automation
- Bussing audio
- Creating reverb and delay
- Finalizing and exporting your mix
Skill Level Beginner
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
Pro Tools: Mixing and Masteringwith Brian Lee White10h 32m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Pro Tools 12
2. Recording MIDI and Audio
3. Arranging and Editing
5. Finishing the Song
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.