This is for experienced audio engineers who are however inexperienced mixers.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Hello this course is for people who are familiar with audio work stations but are looking for a methodology that will set them on a successful path to do their final mixdowns. Although even experienced mixers might find a nugget or two of useful tips, it's mostly intended for experienced audio engineers, producers, and song writers who are however inexperienced mixers. I'll be using Pro Tools 12 and numerous third party plugins throughout this course. But the techniques I'll be demonstrating can be applied using any DAW and any plugin. If you need a refresher or are just getting started with mixing be sure to have a look at my part 1 of mixing techniques for pop music.
Also check out the essential training course for your DAW of choice. Lastly, I also recommend watching the Foundations of Audio series, which covers compression and dynamic processing, EQ and filters, delay and modulation, as well as reverb in much greater technical detail than I'll be discussing here. Other than that all you really need is a passion for great sounding music. Now let's have some fun.
- Choosing the right reverb
- Adding digital delay
- Tuning your mix
- Phase shifting and flanging
- Increasing drum power and presence
- Driving home the groove with acoustic guitars
- Adding sheer volume to your mix
- Affecting the effects
- Making the chorus "pop"
- Knowing when your mix is done