Take a deep dive into working with AudioSuite plugins in Pro Tools. Learn about key plugins that can help you with pitch and time-shifting tasks, as well as modulation and harmonics plugins, and other plugin utilities.
- [Garrick] Hi, I'm Garrick Chow and in this course we're going to take a look at Audio Suite plug-ins and pro tools. Audio Suite is often overlooked these days in favor of real time plug-ins, but there are many scenarios where Audio Suite plug-ins are the better choice. So I'll start with a brief discussion on when and when not to use Audio Suite plug-ins and I'll provide a basic walk through of the Audio Suite workflow. We'll then start looking at some of the most useful Audio Suite plug-ins, including pitch and time shift filters like Pitch 2 and Verify, we'll examine the modulation and harmonics plug-ins, including the wide range of plug-ins for phase shift, flanging, and chorus, as well as the collection of plug-ins for modeling classic guitar amp and stomp box sounds.
And we'll also take a look at some of the most useful utility plug-ins, which are only available in the Audio Suite format, like gain and invert, and I'll show you a cool trick for beefing up recordings with a signal generator plug-in. So let's get started and see what Pro Tools Audio Suite plug-ins have to offer you and your projects.
- When to use AudioSuite plugins
- Performing basic pitch-shifting tasks using Pitch II
- Modifying the recording speed without altering the vocal pitch
- Creating a special pitch-shifting effect
- Phaser, flanger, and chorus effects
- Increasing the gain of low-level audio to a useable level
- Enhancing the sound of a kick drum recording