Explore how to work with the virtual instruments in Pro Tools. Learn about the Boom drum machine, vintage keyboards, XPand!2, and more.
- Hey gang, Evan Sutton here, and welcome to Virtual Instruments in Pro Tools. In this course, we're going to discuss the stock plug-ins that come with Pro Tools, and how we can use them to create new compositions, scratch tracks, and experiment with new sounds. (piano sounds playing) We'll talk about building drum and percussion patterns on the fly, and talk about drum machine workflows that work in the computer. (drum sounds playing) We're also going to talk about emulations of vintage keyboards that you might remember from some of your favorite records. (piano sounds playing) In addition, Pro Tools has some workstation style instruments that are as versatile as they are fun to use.
They're great for getting ideas down, trying new things, as well as building out your productions. So don't touch that iLok, let's get going.
- Drum machine basics and loading presets
- Tweaking sounds to build a custom kit
- Using pattern select for performance
- Tonewheel Organ and Mini Grand basics
- Browsing and loading with Structure Free
- Resampling and slicing
- MIDI routing, arp, and mod
- Working with Vacuum