Learn how to turn a demo recording into a fully mastered song with Grammy-winning writer/producer/mixer Scott Jacoby.
- View Offline
- Hi there, my name is Scott Jacoby. I'm a writer, producer, and mixer from New York City. We're here in my studio, Eusonia Studios, and I'm delighted to have you come with me on a tour through the wild, mysterious world of music production. (jazzy music with female voice) The goal of this course is to cover a huge amount of ground and look at music production from the very beginning to the very end of the process. ♫ The years gone by What I'm hoping is that you're not just going to learn techniques, but you're going to understand all of the major decisions of how and when and why to do everything that's involved in the production, and you're going to come away with an understanding of the philosophies and concepts of music production as well as all the specific thing that you need to do.
So this course is going to start at the very beginning of choosing a song and then finding the artistic vision for the artist as well as a sonic vision for the song, taking you through pre-production, tempo, key, song arrangement, and then into tracking the song, whether you're working with real instruments or doing programming, and then getting into vocal production, background vocals, comping, and then ending up with post-production, making sure your arrangement is tight, mixing and mastering the whole entire thing.
There are a lot of other courses that would look at any one of these subjects, and it would be their own course. In this instance I want to look at the whole thing and just take you through the journey of music production. I hope you come with me.
- Picking the right song
- Choosing the right recording method
- Creating the demo
- Finding a tempo and ideal key
- Recording basic tracks
- Making beats
- Recording and editing vocals
- Editing the track
- Mixing and mastering the song