Help your client achieve the music that matches the vision for their brand, by assessing their needs and turning them into a compelling musical score for their commercial.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Brian Lee White. In this course, we will work our way through the process of scoring music to a commercial ad spot from start to finish. Starting with the creative brief, I'll break down the client's material, temp music, (upbeat music) and setting up the session to work with picture. Next, I'll move on to the musical building blocks that make up a compelling commercial composition, including drums and bass, (drums and bass music) thematic elements, (inspiring music) and sound design.
(upbeat music) After that, we'll discuss the revision and delivery process to the client. I'll share with you many tips and strategies for working with clients, creating a solid scope of work, and discuss basic music licensing. So if you're ready, I'm ready. Let's get started.
Note: While the composition of the music for this course takes place in Pro Tools, a majority of the content will be about the creative process and translates to almost any DAW.
- Reviewing the creative brief
- Working with temp music
- Choosing an appropriate tempo
- Marking keyframes
- Creating a theme
- Breaking down client feedback
- Implementing revisions
- Printing the music for delivery
- Understanding basic music licensing and publishing principles