In this movie, we'll explore some tools and techniques to use while you're…cleaning up dialog and putting that all-important room tone in between your…regions, so you can smooth your edits out.…One important thing to know about dialog editing is that you will never want there…to be in empty space where no sound occurs.…So when there's no talking or there is an edit, you must fill it in with room tone.…If you aren't given room tone, you can usually find some hanging past the…boundaries on the end or beginning of some of the regions, but there are…some do's and don'ts.…You may have the idea that you can just grab some tone off the end of a…region and loop it.…
So like right here, it looks like we have some room tone.…This seems cool, but it rarely works.…Let's see if it works here.…I am going to hit C to copy this, and using semicolon, go down to an edit…track and V to paste.…Let's use the Option+Command+L or Alt+Ctrl+L to loop this eight times.…Now, let's see if this actually works as a room-tone loop.…
- Understanding video formats, codecs, and timecode rates
- Importing OMFs and AAFs into Pro Tools
- Spotting film and using markers
- Using room tone
- Creating fades to smooth out audio edits
- Sweetening and hard effects
- Recording ADR and editing with VocALign LE
- Editing out plosives, crackles, and hums
- Mixing with automation and reverb
- Calibrating for 5.1 surround mixing and bass management
- Mastering delivery levels and dynamics
- Understanding the Audio Suite enhancements in Pro Tools 10
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 4/04/12. Can you tell me what changed?
A: This update was initiated when Avid released Pro Tools 10. It explains that this course can be taken with either Pro Tools 9 or 10 (the exercise files are compatible with both), and we also added movies that explore the enhanced clip-based gain and Audio Suite features in Pro Tools 10, both of which are useful when building a soundtrack.
1. Getting Ready to Build Audio for Video
2. Working with a Video Project
Exporting OMF and AAF files4m 48s
3. Getting into the Audio for Video Workflow
4. Working with Audio for Video
5. Recording to Picture
6. Learning Audio for Video Techniques
7. Mixing Audio for Video
8. Working in Surround
9. Preparing for Final Delivery
10. Backing Up and Archiving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.