Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Learning Pro Tools.
- If you are a premium member of lynda.com, you have access to the Exercise Files used throughout this course. The Exercise Files have been compressed to a Zip file called Exercise Files which you can download from this course's page on the website. Once uncompressed, you'll have a folder called Exercise Files. Inside, you'll see the Pro Tools .ptx files each named after the chapter title and movie title. As long as you copy these files and folders we see here to your work hard drive and don't go moving folders around, all files will link up.
The first time you open it or if something gets moved, Pro Tools might ask to relink files. In that case, just click Find Automatically, Pro Tools will automatically relink the files as long as the files are present on your drive. In this course we build a song starting at the beginning of chapter 2. From this point forward, the Exercise Files will build on one another until the end of the course. Feel free to use these sessions and work with me, adding your own musical ideas. If you are a monthly or annual member of lynda.com, you don't have access to the Exercise Files but you can follow along with your own Pro Tools sessions.
Okay, great! Let's get Up and Running with Pro Tools.
Find more tutorials on our Pro Tools page.
- Setting up Pro Tools 12
- Working with templates
- Creating a drumbeat
- Loop recording
- Editing and arranging audio and MIDI
- Adjusting tempo
- Adding EQ and compression to the mix
- Performing real-time automation
- Bussing audio
- Creating reverb and delay
- Finalizing and exporting your mix
Skill Level Beginner
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
Pro Tools: Mixing and Masteringwith Brian Lee White10h 32m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Pro Tools 12
2. Recording MIDI and Audio
3. Arranging and Editing
5. Finishing the Song
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.