Find more tutorials on our Pro Tools page.
- Setting up Pro Tools 12
- Working with templates
- Creating a drumbeat
- Loop recording
- Editing and arranging audio and MIDI
- Adjusting tempo
- Adding EQ and compression to the mix
- Performing real-time automation
- Bussing audio
- Creating reverb and delay
- Finalizing and exporting your mix
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Scott Hirsch. I'm the author of Up and Running with Pro Tools. In this course, we'll get you going with Pro Tools 12, the industry standard recording software from Avid. You'll get a close-up look at building a song using the built-in AIR instrument suite, Elastic Audio, MIDI, and AIR plug-ins. We'll be getting you familiar with the key features of the software interface and how to quickly get your Pro Tools system set up. We'll show you how to navigate around the app like a pro as we build a song from scratch, taking you through recording, arrangement, and mixing stages of our song.
Along the way, we'll be using the XPAND 2 sampler instrument which we'll use to record and edit MIDI-based drum beats. We'll get into recording live instruments as we craft a bass line and enhance the tone with the Eleven amp simulator plug-in, as we harmonize synth parts and build percussion tracks. I hope you're as excited as I am to take a first look at the newest version of Pro Tools 12. Let's get started.
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
Pro Tools Mixing and Masteringwith Brian Lee White10h 32m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Pro Tools 12
2. Recording MIDI and Audio
3. Arranging and Editing
5. Finishing the Song
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.