Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the new audio for video features in Pro Tools 9, part of Pro Tools: Audio for Film and Video.
The move from Pro Tools 8 to Pro Tools 9 is huge for all users, involving…major revisions to not only the software, but the hardware requirements as well.…In this video, we'll go over, point by point, the most relevant new…software features in Pro Tools 9 that will specifically impact working on audio for video.…First, let's talk about the global software changes that affect everyone using Pro Tools.…Pro Tools 9 is now one big installer, no matter what version of Pro Tools…hardware you're running.…There used to be a discrepancy between LE and HD versions of the software. Not anymore.…
Pro Tools HD and LE are now merged into a singular software package.…No specific hardware is needed.…When you're working on a system containing an HD core, Excel, or Native Card in…a PCI slot on your computer, the software will run as Pro Tools HD 9, with the…full Pro Tools HD feature set.…In all other cases, it will run as simply Pro Tools 9, with a slightly smaller…track count and some of the advanced features turned off.…
- Understanding video formats, codecs, and timecode rates
- Importing OMFs and AAFs into Pro Tools
- Spotting film and using markers
- Using room tone
- Creating fades to smooth out audio edits
- Sweetening and hard effects
- Recording ADR and editing with VocALign LE
- Editing out plosives, crackles, and hums
- Mixing with automation and reverb
- Calibrating for 5.1 surround mixing and bass management
- Mastering delivery levels and dynamics
- Understanding the Audio Suite enhancements in Pro Tools 10
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 4/04/12. Can you tell me what changed?
A: This update was initiated when Avid released Pro Tools 10. It explains that this course can be taken with either Pro Tools 9 or 10 (the exercise files are compatible with both), and we also added movies that explore the enhanced clip-based gain and Audio Suite features in Pro Tools 10, both of which are useful when building a soundtrack.
1. Getting Ready to Build Audio for Video
2. Working with a Video Project
Exporting OMF and AAF files4m 49s
3. Getting into the Audio for Video Workflow
4. Working with Audio for Video
5. Recording to Picture
6. Learning Audio for Video Techniques
7. Mixing Audio for Video
8. Working in Surround
9. Preparing for Final Delivery
10. Backing Up and Archiving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.