Join Frank D. Cook for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Using effects, part of Pro Tools 12 Essential Training: 101.
- [Instructor] So, here's an example…of how the completed session might look.…Let's walk through how to get there.…I'll start by opening the DHY Remix 07 session,…and saving it as DHY Remix 08.…Then, I'll switch to the mix window by pressing…command equals, or control equals on Windows.…Next, I'll click on insert A on the countdown track,…and select the AIR Kill EQ plugin.…Now here, we're seeing a long list of plugins…that I have installed on this machine,…your list may be shorter, but all the plugins…I'm using in this video come with Pro Tools.…
Here's I'll use the 14 sweep wide band preset…from the librarian menu to cut the high and low frequencies.…Let's hear that, and with with plugin bypassed.…By the way, the countdown that you're hearing,…I recorded from a hotel room using…the built in microphone on my laptop,…so it's not high production quality by any means,…but it serves the purpose for what I'm trying to do here,…and I like what this plugin is doing.…
So, we'll close that and move on.…Okay, so next I want some reverb on the horns tracks,…
AuthorFrank D. Cook
- Getting started with Pro Tools menus, windows, and edit tools
- Creating a session
- Creating a click track
- Recording audio
- Importing audio and video
- Recording, viewing, and editing MIDI data
- Selecting and navigating within tracks
- Adding markers
- Editing clips
- Creating fade effects
- Mixing tracks and adding automation
- Backing up a session
- Bouncing a mix to disk
Skill Level Beginner
Q. This course was updated on 03/23/2017. What changed?
A. Challenges and solutions were added to chapters 3–10 and three videos were updated in the first couple chapters.
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
Mixing Techniques for Pop Music Part 1with Brian Malouf3h 19m Intermediate
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Pro Tools
2. Getting inside Pro Tools
3. Creating Your First Session
4. Making Your First Audio Recording
5. Importing and Working with Media in a Session
6. Making Your First MIDI Recording
7. Selecting and Navigating
8. Basic Editing Techniques
9. Basic Mixing Techniques
10. Finishing Your Work
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.