Join Frank D. Cook for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Recording audio, part of Pro Tools 12 Essential Training: 101.
- [Instructor] So here's how the completed session…should look.…Let's walk through how to get there.…I'll start by opening the DHY remix 01 session,…and renaming it as DHY remix 02, by choosing "save as".…Then I'll set the session tempo in the "transport" window,…which I can get to under the "window" menu,…by choosing "transport", and clicking in the "tempo" field,…to type in a BPM value of 90 beats per minute.…
Note that I could also have changed the tempo,…by double-clicking on the red "song start" marker…here at the beginning of the tempo ruler,…and entering my BPM value in the "tempo change" dialog box.…Next, I'll add a click track, by choosing "track",…"create click track", and Pro Tools adds the track…at the bottom of the "edit" window.…Next, I'll connect the microphone to my audio interface,…and I'm going to use input two,…and then I'll route that input to the countdown track…by using the input path selector in the "mix" window.…
Switch to the "mix" window by pressing "command equals"…on the Mac, or "control equals" on Windows,…
AuthorFrank D. Cook
- Getting started with Pro Tools menus, windows, and edit tools
- Creating a session
- Creating a click track
- Recording audio
- Importing audio and video
- Recording, viewing, and editing MIDI data
- Selecting and navigating within tracks
- Adding markers
- Editing clips
- Creating fade effects
- Mixing tracks and adding automation
- Backing up a session
- Bouncing a mix to disk
Skill Level Beginner
Q. This course was updated on 03/23/2017. What changed?
A. Challenges and solutions were added to chapters 3–10 and three videos were updated in the first couple chapters.
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
Mixing Techniques for Pop Music Part 1with Brian Malouf3h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Pro Tools
2. Getting inside Pro Tools
3. Creating Your First Session
4. Making Your First Audio Recording
5. Importing and Working with Media in a Session
6. Making Your First MIDI Recording
7. Selecting and Navigating
8. Basic Editing Techniques
9. Basic Mixing Techniques
10. Finishing Your Work
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.