Join Frank D. Cook for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Importing media, part of Pro Tools 12 Essential Training: 101.
- [Instructor] So here's how…the completed session should look.…Let's walk through how I got there.…I'll start by opening the DHY Remix 02 session,…and then saving it as DHY Remix 03,…and then, I'll choose File + Import + Audio…and navigate to the 01 Files to Import folder.…Then, I'll select all the audio files…and copy them into my session's Audio Files folder…by clicking the Copy button…and proceeding.…
This screen shows that the Audio Files folder…is currently selected as the destination,…so I'll click Open to proceed.…In the Import Options dialogue box,…I'll select Clip List as the destination for my files,…and here are the files…after they've been added to my session.…Next, I'll deselect the files in the clip list…by clicking at the bottom of the list…and then, start dragging each file…to the start of its respective track.…
If I drop a file at the wrong location during this process,…I can simply use the Grabber tool…to pick it up again and drag it to where it needs to be.…Next, I'll return to the Import Audio dialogue box…
AuthorFrank D. Cook
- Getting started with Pro Tools menus, windows, and edit tools
- Creating a session
- Creating a click track
- Recording audio
- Importing audio and video
- Recording, viewing, and editing MIDI data
- Selecting and navigating within tracks
- Adding markers
- Editing clips
- Creating fade effects
- Mixing tracks and adding automation
- Backing up a session
- Bouncing a mix to disk
Skill Level Beginner
Q. This course was updated on 03/23/2017. What changed?
A. Challenges and solutions were added to chapters 3–10 and three videos were updated in the first couple chapters.
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
Mixing Techniques for Pop Music Part 1with Brian Malouf3h 19m Intermediate
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Pro Tools
2. Getting inside Pro Tools
3. Creating Your First Session
4. Making Your First Audio Recording
5. Importing and Working with Media in a Session
6. Making Your First MIDI Recording
7. Selecting and Navigating
8. Basic Editing Techniques
9. Basic Mixing Techniques
10. Finishing Your Work
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.