Join Frank D. Cook for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Creating an automated mix, part of Pro Tools 12 Essential Training: 101.
- [Instructor] To get a look at an example…of the completed automation,…please see the DHY Remix 09 session in the…03 Finished Solutions folder I've provided.…For now, let's walk through the steps involved.…I've started by opening the DHY Remix 08 session…and saving it as DHY Remix 09.…Here I'll listen for the phrases to emphasize,…focusing on bar five, bar eight, bar 12,…and the end of the session.…So let's take a listen.…♫ One and two and three and a four…♫ I want to run away…♫ I don't want to lose you…♫ I want to run away…And here's bar five.…
♫ I don't want to, I don't want to lose you…♫ Lose lose you…There's bar eight.…♫ I don't want to…♫ I don't want to lose you…♫ I can't relax, I can't think clearly…♫ How many more nights will you tell me…Here's the phrase at bar 12.…♫ What have I done…Well, 12 and a half.…♫ I can't, I can't, I can't think clearly…♫ How many more nights how many, how many…And here at the end.…
♫ Tell me, tell me me me me me…All right, I think I know what I'm looking for.…So now I'll switch to the Mix window…
AuthorFrank D. Cook
- Getting started with Pro Tools menus, windows, and edit tools
- Creating a session
- Creating a click track
- Recording audio
- Importing audio and video
- Recording, viewing, and editing MIDI data
- Selecting and navigating within tracks
- Adding markers
- Editing clips
- Creating fade effects
- Mixing tracks and adding automation
- Backing up a session
- Bouncing a mix to disk
Skill Level Beginner
Q. This course was updated on 03/23/2017. What changed?
A. Challenges and solutions were added to chapters 3–10 and three videos were updated in the first couple chapters.
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
Mixing Techniques for Pop Music Part 1with Brian Malouf3h 19m Intermediate
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Pro Tools
2. Getting inside Pro Tools
3. Creating Your First Session
4. Making Your First Audio Recording
5. Importing and Working with Media in a Session
6. Making Your First MIDI Recording
7. Selecting and Navigating
8. Basic Editing Techniques
9. Basic Mixing Techniques
10. Finishing Your Work
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.