Join Frank D. Cook for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Arranging media, part of Pro Tools 12 Essential Training: 101.
- [Instructor] So here's an example…of how the completed session might look.…Let's walk through how to get there.…I'll start by opening the DHY Remix Oh Six session…and saving it as DHY Remix Oh Seven.…Then I'll hide the side columns…by clicking the arrow icons in the bottom corners…of the Edit window.…Here.…And here.…Next I'll activate the selector tool by pressing F7…and then double-click on the clip on the box two track…to select it.…
Next I'll activate zoom toggle to zoom in.…Zoom toggle is this button here…with the arrows pointing in all directions…underneath the zoomer tool.…Now if needed, I can adjust my zoom toggle settings…in the Preferences dialogue box so that the track…resizes the way I want.…You can access those settings here…by clicking on the Editing tab and selecting a track height.…I'll use Jumbo for this example,…but you can use a different setting if you'd like.…Just beware of the Last Used setting,…as you may not get the results you expect.…
Now I'll select the starting portion of this clip…up to bar 12.…
AuthorFrank D. Cook
- Getting started with Pro Tools menus, windows, and edit tools
- Creating a session
- Creating a click track
- Recording audio
- Importing audio and video
- Recording, viewing, and editing MIDI data
- Selecting and navigating within tracks
- Adding markers
- Editing clips
- Creating fade effects
- Mixing tracks and adding automation
- Backing up a session
- Bouncing a mix to disk
Skill Level Beginner
Q. This course was updated on 03/23/2017. What changed?
A. Challenges and solutions were added to chapters 3–10 and three videos were updated in the first couple chapters.
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
Mixing Techniques for Pop Music Part 1with Brian Malouf3h 19m Intermediate
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Pro Tools
2. Getting inside Pro Tools
3. Creating Your First Session
4. Making Your First Audio Recording
5. Importing and Working with Media in a Session
6. Making Your First MIDI Recording
7. Selecting and Navigating
8. Basic Editing Techniques
9. Basic Mixing Techniques
10. Finishing Your Work
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.