Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up your Pro Tools session for video, part of Pro Tools: Audio for Film and Video.
In this movie, we are going to get an audio for video session going from scratch.…We will populate our session with tracks and get set up with an audio for …video workflow in mind.…When we're done, you will have a useful session template you can use anytime…you work with video.…By default, when you start Pro Tools, you will get this dialog.…I will start by creating a blank session.…We will choose Broadcast Wave Files and a Sample Rate of 48 kHz.…Bit Depth, we will choose 16 Bit, which is the standard video bit depth,…although you could choose 24 Bit if you wanted to have more dynamic range.…For I/O Settings, we will choose Stereo Mix, although we will be enhancing…that as we go along. Let's click OK and it will ask us where to save it.…
And let's call is A4V, and I will save it into this project folder.…So, when Pro Tools open, you get a blank session.…This is the default view set up.…Let's configure a view for optimum working in audio for video.…Obviously, you can further customize this to your own taste, but first let's…
- Understanding video formats, codecs, and timecode rates
- Importing OMFs and AAFs into Pro Tools
- Spotting film and using markers
- Using room tone
- Creating fades to smooth out audio edits
- Sweetening and hard effects
- Recording ADR and editing with VocALign LE
- Editing out plosives, crackles, and hums
- Mixing with automation and reverb
- Calibrating for 5.1 surround mixing and bass management
- Mastering delivery levels and dynamics
- Understanding the Audio Suite enhancements in Pro Tools 10
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 4/04/12. Can you tell me what changed?
A: This update was initiated when Avid released Pro Tools 10. It explains that this course can be taken with either Pro Tools 9 or 10 (the exercise files are compatible with both), and we also added movies that explore the enhanced clip-based gain and Audio Suite features in Pro Tools 10, both of which are useful when building a soundtrack.
1. Getting Ready to Build Audio for Video
2. Working with a Video Project
Exporting OMF and AAF files4m 49s
3. Getting into the Audio for Video Workflow
4. Working with Audio for Video
5. Recording to Picture
6. Learning Audio for Video Techniques
7. Mixing Audio for Video
8. Working in Surround
9. Preparing for Final Delivery
10. Backing Up and Archiving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.