Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up audio and MIDI, part of Learning Pro Tools.
- Before we launch Pro Tools 12, let's consider…our audio setup and our MIDI setup.…What interface are we using for audio input and output…and what MIDI peripherals are we wanting to use?…Remember before Pro Tools can talk to that hardware,…our computer has to be aware of them.…In this movie we'll work on setting up our hardware…to our computer and then we'll see if we…can talk to it from Pro Tools 12.…For Mac users, there's a handy, but slightly hidden utility…that's extremely helpful for our audio and MIDI setup.…
In fact, it's called Audio MIDI Setup.…We can find it in our Applications, but under…a folder at the bottom called Utilities.…And here is the Audio MIDI Setup app, let's launch it.…Now if you're a Windows user, the comparable panel…that you're gonna be interested in is called…the AZO Driver and the AZO Preferences Panel.…Now here in Audio MIDI Setup there are…two key views you wanna look at.…One is the one we're seeing here, Audio Devices,…and the other one will show us our MIDI environment.…
If I click on Window, I can see the MIDI window.…
Find more tutorials on our Pro Tools page.
- Setting up Pro Tools 12
- Working with templates
- Creating a drumbeat
- Loop recording
- Editing and arranging audio and MIDI
- Adjusting tempo
- Adding EQ and compression to the mix
- Performing real-time automation
- Bussing audio
- Creating reverb and delay
- Finalizing and exporting your mix
Skill Level Beginner
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
Pro Tools: Mixing and Masteringwith Brian Lee White10h 32m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Pro Tools 12
2. Recording MIDI and Audio
3. Arranging and Editing
5. Finishing the Song
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.