Join David Franz for an in-depth discussion in this video Sculpting harmonic effects, part of Pro Tools 8 New Features.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
I'll bet that Digidesign's Advanced Instrument Research group had a lot of fun…making the effects plug-ins I am about to show you here. They are Distortion,…Enhancer, Frequency Shifter, FuzzWah and Talkbox, and they are all part of the…harmonic effects family. First let's look at the Air Distortion effect.…Distortion boosts and clips a signal to add bite, dirt and crunch. With the B3…organ track playing in loop playback, I will demonstrate some of the sonic…possibilities for this plug-in, by tweaking the controls as well as loading…some of the presets.…
(Music playing.)…We've got some crazy sounds going on from this plug-in. Next I am going to move…on to the Enhancer.…
The Enhancer plug-in synthesizes high-end frequencies to…enhance dull signals. Let's check it out.…(Music playing.)…Pretty cool stuff there. Now let's check out the Frequency Shifter plug-in.…
We'll close this one up, and move down to this track, the electric piano track.…We will check out the Frequency Shifter plug-in. You can find the Frequency…
- Exploring the new virtual instruments and effects
- Learning the new menu and toolbar items
- Editing MIDI data with the new MIDI Editor window
- Creating a comp with the new playlist features
- Using Elastic Pitch for pitch alteration
- Working with the new automation and controller lanes
- Customizing the Edit Window toolbar
- Changing the look of Pro Tools with the Color palette
- Utilizing the 30+ new session templates
- Creating a musical score with the new Score Editor window
Skill Level Intermediate
Mixing and Mastering with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White9h 18m Intermediate
Audio for Film and Video with Pro Toolswith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
1. New Pro Tools Features and Enhancements
2. The MIDI Editor Window
Editing with the MIDI Editor3m 14s
3. The Score Editor Window
Setting up a score5m 3s
4. New Virtual Instruments
5. New Plug-Ins (Creative Collection Effects)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.