Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving and collecting your Pro Tools session, part of Up and Running with Pro Tools.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- I've worked on enough projects to know that as soon…as you think you're done with a song there's always…some reason to open the session.…Maybe someone needs an alternate mix for a TV show or ad.…Maybe someone wants to make a dub version or remix.…In this movie we'll go over some ways to ensure…your Pro Tool session is saved and archived properly.…While we're familiar with the functions Save and Save as,…neither of these take into account what happens to the…media associated with your project.…A safer way to archive your project is to actually use…a menu item called Save Copy In, and this opens…a window called Save Session Copy.…
Now here we can collect all of the files associated…with our project and we can leave them the same…File Type and Sample Rate we are or even convert…them to another File Type and Bit Depth and Sample Rate.…But right now, we'll leave everything as it is,…we're just trying to make an archive of our session.…So we'll leave it at the latest Session Format.…We'll keep it at Broadcast Wave, 48KHz, 24 Bit,…
Find more tutorials on our Pro Tools page.
- Setting up Pro Tools 12
- Working with templates
- Creating a drumbeat
- Loop recording
- Editing and arranging audio and MIDI
- Adjusting tempo
- Adding EQ and compression to the mix
- Performing real-time automation
- Bussing audio
- Creating reverb and delay
- Finalizing and exporting your mix
Skill Level Beginner
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
Pro Tools Mixing and Masteringwith Brian Lee White10h 32m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Pro Tools 12
2. Recording MIDI and Audio
3. Arranging and Editing
5. Finishing the Song
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.