Get an overview of the signal routing options available in the Mix Window and how to use them. Learn how to add and remove inserts and discover tips on avoiding common mistakes.
- [Instructor] Basic mixing in Pro Tools…is pretty straight forward.…You can route signals through your tracks,…using the IO controls and add signal…processing along the way using inserts and sends.…Let's jump in and take a look.…Here I have a session with some basic tracks in it.…This is an excerpt from the song…"Driving You Home" by the Pinder Brothers.…Let's take a listen.…(upbeat music)…Now we're going to add some processing…to this RadioVox track here,…the clip that I have selected.…
EQ the sound a little bit.…What we're going to be looking for there is…kind of a transistor radio type sound.…I'm also going to add some processing…for the background vocals,…we've got two tracks here, background vocal one and two.…And I'd really like to add some lush reverb to those tracks.…So let's take a look in the mix window…and see what we can do.…So here in the mix window I'm going to start…by working on the RadioVox track, which is over here.…
We're going to place an EQ on the top insert position.…Now if your inserts view isn't showing,…
AuthorFrank D. Cook
- Getting started with Pro Tools menus, windows, and edit tools
- Creating a session
- Creating a click track
- Recording audio
- Importing audio and video
- Recording, viewing, and editing MIDI data
- Selecting and navigating within tracks
- Adding markers
- Editing clips
- Creating fade effects
- Mixing tracks and adding automation
- Backing up a session
- Bouncing a mix to disk
Skill Level Beginner
Q. This course was updated on 03/23/2017. What changed?
A. Challenges and solutions were added to chapters 3–10 and three videos were updated in the first couple chapters.
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
Mixing Techniques for Pop Music Part 1with Brian Malouf3h 19m Intermediate
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Pro Tools
2. Getting inside Pro Tools
3. Creating Your First Session
4. Making Your First Audio Recording
5. Importing and Working with Media in a Session
6. Making Your First MIDI Recording
7. Selecting and Navigating
8. Basic Editing Techniques
9. Basic Mixing Techniques
10. Finishing Your Work
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.