Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Relinking audio files, part of Pro Tools: Audio for Film and Video.
As you're working through the exercise files for this course, you may very well…come across sessions with offline files.…If this happens, don't panic.…Take a deep breath and follow these guidelines to relink your files easily.…Pro Tools keeps a behind-the-scenes database that tells it where the audio files…for your Pro Tools session live.…If the files have been moved, renamed, deleted, or they're offline, such as on an…unmounted drive, you'll be prompted with the Missing Files dialog box.…Here's what that looks like.…I'm going to go ahead and try to open up this session.…
Here's the Missing Files dialog box.…So this is telling me that 55 audio files and 1 video file are missing. And we…have a choice to either skip them all, which in that case, the Pro Tools Session…will open with a bunch of offline clips, or we can automatically find them and…relink, so Pro Tool would just search any mounted drives and if it finds the…file, it'll automatically relink. Or you can choose Manually Find & Relink,…
- Understanding video formats, codecs, and timecode rates
- Importing OMFs and AAFs into Pro Tools
- Spotting film and using markers
- Using room tone
- Creating fades to smooth out audio edits
- Sweetening and hard effects
- Recording ADR and editing with VocALign LE
- Editing out plosives, crackles, and hums
- Mixing with automation and reverb
- Calibrating for 5.1 surround mixing and bass management
- Mastering delivery levels and dynamics
- Understanding the Audio Suite enhancements in Pro Tools 10
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 4/04/12. Can you tell me what changed?
A: This update was initiated when Avid released Pro Tools 10. It explains that this course can be taken with either Pro Tools 9 or 10 (the exercise files are compatible with both), and we also added movies that explore the enhanced clip-based gain and Audio Suite features in Pro Tools 10, both of which are useful when building a soundtrack.
1. Getting Ready to Build Audio for Video
2. Working with a Video Project
Exporting OMF and AAF files4m 49s
3. Getting into the Audio for Video Workflow
4. Working with Audio for Video
5. Recording to Picture
6. Learning Audio for Video Techniques
7. Mixing Audio for Video
8. Working in Surround
9. Preparing for Final Delivery
10. Backing Up and Archiving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.