Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Reducing broadband noise, part of Audio for Film and Video with Pro Tools.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Of all the audio problems you'll encounter, broadband noise is the toughest to work with.…Broadband noise is characterized by noise spanning the audio spectrum in…unpredictable frequencies in varying amplitudes over time.…In this movie, we'll learn what we can do to tackle these types of noise…problems the best we can.…We're going to be using a broadband noise eeduction tool here used by iZotope…called Denoiser, but there are few different tools out there in the market…that do the same thing.…Waves makes X-Noise, Pro Tools makes one called BNR, Broadband Noise Reduction,…and all of them work in a similar fashion.…
Let's take a listen to the audio we are working with, so we can identify the…type of noise we're talking about.…(Male speaker: The Ventura Improv Company started in 1989. There were some of us who had been doing some improv but never really quite got it.)…(Male speaker: We just kind of knew it was something we wanted to do.)…The recording of the voice sounds fine but you can hear this sort of background wash…
- Understanding video formats, codecs, and timecode rates
- Importing OMFs and AAFs into Pro Tools
- Spotting film and using markers
- Using room tone
- Creating fades to smooth out audio edits
- Sweetening and hard effects
- Recording ADR and editing with VocALign LE
- Editing out plosives, crackles, and hums
- Mixing with automation and reverb
- Calibrating for 5.1 surround mixing and bass management
- Mastering delivery levels and dynamics
- Understanding the Audio Suite enhancements in Pro Tools 10
Skill Level Intermediate
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
Mixing and Mastering with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White9h 18m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Mark Mothersbaugh, Music Composerwith Mark Mothersbaugh56m 36s Appropriate for all
1. Getting Ready to Build Audio for Video
2. Working with a Video Project
Exporting OMF and AAF files4m 49s
3. Getting into the Audio for Video Workflow
4. Working with Audio for Video
5. Recording to Picture
6. Learning Audio for Video Techniques
7. Mixing Audio for Video
8. Working in Surround
9. Preparing for Final Delivery
10. Backing Up and Archiving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.