Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Recording bass to an audio track, part of Up and Running with Pro Tools.
- Now that we've seen the steps to record MIDI,…recording audio will be a breeze.…In this movie, we'll make a bassline for our song…by recording a bass guitar to an audio track.…If we decide to record our bass…directly into our audio interface with no amp,…there are a few things to keep in mind.…Your interface has to accept an instrument level.…Some interfaces are designed to do this.…Others can only accept line or mic level input,…in which case you would need to use a DI box…to step the impedance and signal strength…down to micro line level.…
That said, once you have the correct signal level,…you'll be using your interface…gain control to set the incoming level.…Now here, in this studio I have a Apogee Duet,…where I can set the incoming level…and it accepts a bass signal directly…from the instrument as an instrument level.…Let's make a new audio track.…Shift, command, N, and this'll be a mono audio track.…It's just a single source, bass guitar.…Now click create.…Now remember, when we make a new track,…we always want to name the tracks.…
Find more tutorials on our Pro Tools page.
- Setting up Pro Tools 12
- Working with templates
- Creating a drumbeat
- Loop recording
- Editing and arranging audio and MIDI
- Adjusting tempo
- Adding EQ and compression to the mix
- Performing real-time automation
- Bussing audio
- Creating reverb and delay
- Finalizing and exporting your mix
Skill Level Beginner
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
Pro Tools Mixing and Masteringwith Brian Lee White10h 32m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Pro Tools 12
2. Recording MIDI and Audio
3. Arranging and Editing
5. Finishing the Song
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.