Pro Tools Mixing and Mastering
After recording and editing a session, take advantage of the lessons in Pro Tools Mixing and Mastering to refine the final mix and master of your project. Avid Certified Expert and pro mix engineer Brian Lee White covers all the basic mixing tools that every producer and engineer should know, from using EQ to add clarity and focus to applying compression and limiting to control dynamics and maximize track levels within a mix. The course stresses the importance of creating a solid mixing plan and setting up the studio before beginning any work in Pro Tools. Throughout the course, Brian lends his insights, inspirations, and studio secrets from over a decade of professional mixing to help you become a better mixer.
- What is mixing? Exploring the past, present, and future
- Mixing "in the box"
- Setting up monitors and ensuring proper acoustics in the studio
- Staying organized with labels, memory locations, and window configurations
- Working with the Pro Tools Mixer
- Building healthy and profitable mixing habits when putting together a final mix
- Using volume and pan to balance the mix
- Employing corrective versus creative EQ strategies to create clarity and contrast
- Knowing when and when not to process the audio of a track
- Working with compressors and dynamics processors
- Using saturation effects to capture an analog-type sound
- Adding reverb and delay to create depth in a mix
- Working with limiting and multiband compression during the mastering process
- Dealing with plug-in delay and latency in a mix
- Using the bundled plug-ins in Pro Tools to add clarity, punch, and width to a mix
- Recording and editing automation to add drama and excitement
- Using clip based gain to control headroom and gain staging
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Brian Lee White and welcome to Pro Tools Mixing and Mastering. In this course, I'll show you how to take your projects to the next level using Pro Tools to tie together all of the pieces into a killer sounding mix. Together, we'll explore the Pro Tools mixer and understand the basics of signal flow, plug-ins, effects returns, and sub mixing. I'll discuss the importance of setting up a solid mixing plan and give you advice on working through the critical stages of the mix.
I'll cover the basic mixing tools every producer should know, from using EQ to add clarity and focus, to effectively using dynamics processors to add impact and power to your mixes. I'll explain how to achieve that commercial, radio-ready sound during the mastering stage by using compression and limiting to maximize the level of your mix. And if you're already using Pro Tools 11, I'll cover some of the exciting new mixing features in a special new chapter at the end of the course.
So if you're ready, I'm ready. Let's get started with Pro Tools Mixing and Mastering.
Foundations of Audio: Reverb245,073 Views
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Recording105,511 Views
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filters441,695 Views
Getting Started in Audio and Music Production81,035 Views
Pro Tools 11 New Features20,596 Views
Pro Tools 11 Essential Training646,408 Views
Audio Recording Techniques1,275,513 Views
Audio Mixing Bootcamp894,178 Views
Pro Tools 10 Essential Training699,532 Views
Logic Pro X Essential Training1,135,619 Views