Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Print mastering and stem mixes, part of Pro Tools: Audio for Film and Video.
In this movie, we are going to go over how you can set up your final print…mastering session so you can record or print your mix and separate your…dialogue, effects, and music stems all in one pass.…So let's say we are done with the surround mix. We are getting ready to…finalize and print our work.…In addition to the full 6-channel 5.1 mix we also want to separate out the mix…elements into various printed stems for delivery.…This gives us a lot of options later for any further edits, any rights issues…that might come up with music, and broadcast specifications.…So to be as flexible as possible we are going to want to deliver dialogue,…effects, and music print stems as well as the full surround mix.…
If your project is long, doing all these mixes can take hours or even days.…But I am going to show you a way to route your session so you can output more…than one stem and your full mix all in one pass.…So first we need to make some record tracks.…So down at the bottom of my session I am going to select the last track and I am…
- Understanding video formats, codecs, and timecode rates
- Importing OMFs and AAFs into Pro Tools
- Spotting film and using markers
- Using room tone
- Creating fades to smooth out audio edits
- Sweetening and hard effects
- Recording ADR and editing with VocALign LE
- Editing out plosives, crackles, and hums
- Mixing with automation and reverb
- Calibrating for 5.1 surround mixing and bass management
- Mastering delivery levels and dynamics
- Understanding the Audio Suite enhancements in Pro Tools 10
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 4/04/12. Can you tell me what changed?
A: This update was initiated when Avid released Pro Tools 10. It explains that this course can be taken with either Pro Tools 9 or 10 (the exercise files are compatible with both), and we also added movies that explore the enhanced clip-based gain and Audio Suite features in Pro Tools 10, both of which are useful when building a soundtrack.
1. Getting Ready to Build Audio for Video
2. Working with a Video Project
Exporting OMF and AAF files4m 49s
3. Getting into the Audio for Video Workflow
4. Working with Audio for Video
5. Recording to Picture
6. Learning Audio for Video Techniques
7. Mixing Audio for Video
8. Working in Surround
9. Preparing for Final Delivery
10. Backing Up and Archiving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.