Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing your project for mixing, part of Learning Pro Tools.
- Now that we have our arrangement set for our song,…it's time begin our mixing process.…Here's where we can really make these tracks shine.…In this movie, we'll start by getting ourselves organized…visually and setting up a rough mix.…Mixing is such a creative process…that I try to get as much of the organizational stuff…out of the way before I start making creative decisions.…By organizing and color-coding our tracks,…we're freed up to make quicker mix decisions.…You can do this any way you want,…but I like to color-code tracks…and make clips follow those color schemes.…
So in Setup, Preferences, I have access…to our color-coding options.…Under the first tab, the Display tab,…over here we have our color-coding options.…Now, the default track color-coding is on,…associated with track type, and that's been on…as we've been working through this song,…so every time we make a new track,…it color-codes that track to…what the default color-coding is.…So audio tracks are blue and instrument tracks are…this sort of brownish orange color.…
Find more tutorials on our Pro Tools page.
- Setting up Pro Tools 12
- Working with templates
- Creating a drumbeat
- Loop recording
- Editing and arranging audio and MIDI
- Adjusting tempo
- Adding EQ and compression to the mix
- Performing real-time automation
- Bussing audio
- Creating reverb and delay
- Finalizing and exporting your mix
Skill Level Beginner
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
Pro Tools: Mixing and Masteringwith Brian Lee White10h 32m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Pro Tools 12
2. Recording MIDI and Audio
3. Arranging and Editing
5. Finishing the Song
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.