Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Pitch shifting for effect or utility, TC expansion, part of Pro Tools: Audio for Film and Video.
As you're editing dialog, effects, ambiences, and even music cues in Pro Tools,…you'll probably find a need for time stretching, where you want to shorten their…length in a region without altering its pitch, or actual pitch shifting where…you do want to raise or lower the pitch of a sound without stretching the region in time.…X-Form is an AudioSuite plug-in for high quality time compression/expansion and…formant correct pitch-shifting.…It's part of complete production toolkit too.…In this movie we'll explore some effective uses of the plug-in.…So here in our Timeline we have an ambience track that might be a bit too short.…
We have the track soloed and let's hear what it sounds like.…(White noise)…So it's the background sound of a race, but you can see it doesn't extend far…enough into the scene. It ends here.…Now normally we would try to take the Trimmer tool, F6, and pull it out, but as…you can see that's the end of the region.…That's all we have recorded.…So we're going to have to use time compression/expansion to lengthen the size of…
- Understanding video formats, codecs, and timecode rates
- Importing OMFs and AAFs into Pro Tools
- Spotting film and using markers
- Using room tone
- Creating fades to smooth out audio edits
- Sweetening and hard effects
- Recording ADR and editing with VocALign LE
- Editing out plosives, crackles, and hums
- Mixing with automation and reverb
- Calibrating for 5.1 surround mixing and bass management
- Mastering delivery levels and dynamics
- Understanding the Audio Suite enhancements in Pro Tools 10
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 4/04/12. Can you tell me what changed?
A: This update was initiated when Avid released Pro Tools 10. It explains that this course can be taken with either Pro Tools 9 or 10 (the exercise files are compatible with both), and we also added movies that explore the enhanced clip-based gain and Audio Suite features in Pro Tools 10, both of which are useful when building a soundtrack.
1. Getting Ready to Build Audio for Video
2. Working with a Video Project
Exporting OMF and AAF files4m 48s
3. Getting into the Audio for Video Workflow
4. Working with Audio for Video
5. Recording to Picture
6. Learning Audio for Video Techniques
7. Mixing Audio for Video
8. Working in Surround
9. Preparing for Final Delivery
10. Backing Up and Archiving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.