Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Performing real-time automation, part of Learning Pro Tools.
- Now that we have our rough mix…and our EQ and compression in place,…it's time to add some movement to our mix.…Automation is the process of moving any parameter…whether it's volume, panning or plug in parameters…in real time and recording those changes.…The awesome thing about automating our parameters…is that it can be a creative performance,…almost like playing an instrument…and we do real time automation.…Let's go over to the mix window…and here we can see the automation parameters…for all of our tracks.…
Right now they're all set to off…but we also have the option to go to read,…touch, latch or write for any track.…Now what I want to do first…because we setup our rough mix,…we have all of our faders and panners…in a place that's a good point to start out our mixing.…I want to commit these changes…and write it all to all of our tracks.…For a move like that, we want to set…all of our tracks to write.…By holding option down I can set all of our tracks…together to write mode.…
Now write mode is a destructive mode,…
Find more tutorials on our Pro Tools page.
- Setting up Pro Tools 12
- Working with templates
- Creating a drumbeat
- Loop recording
- Editing and arranging audio and MIDI
- Adjusting tempo
- Adding EQ and compression to the mix
- Performing real-time automation
- Bussing audio
- Creating reverb and delay
- Finalizing and exporting your mix
Skill Level Beginner
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
Pro Tools: Mixing and Masteringwith Brian Lee White10h 32m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Pro Tools 12
2. Recording MIDI and Audio
3. Arranging and Editing
5. Finishing the Song
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.