Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimizing the dialog in the first pass, part of Pro Tools: Audio for Film and Video.
As you work through your first dialog pass, sometimes you'll find that some of…the dialog regions come in way too quiet from the original OMF.…You may need to use the AudioSuite Gain plug-in to get them in the same ballpark…as the other regions.…In this movie, I'm going to show you a special way to do this.…You can maintain handles for later crossfading.…So this region here is a little bit quieter than some of the other dialog regions.…Let's take a listen.…(Character 2: And that adds ten seats to the theater. And that adds ten seats.)…Okay, so here's how we're going to do this.…We're going to copy this region down to our Edit track first.…
Use the Grabber tool, F8, and I'm going to Ctrl+Option, which is Windows+Alt on a…PC and drag this down to one of our Edit tracks.…That way we held control so it didn't slide left to right and by holding Option, we copied it down.…Next, what we're going to do is pull out some handles on this region.…So I'm going to get the Trimmer tool and pull out a little bit of a handle on the…
- Understanding video formats, codecs, and timecode rates
- Importing OMFs and AAFs into Pro Tools
- Spotting film and using markers
- Using room tone
- Creating fades to smooth out audio edits
- Sweetening and hard effects
- Recording ADR and editing with VocALign LE
- Editing out plosives, crackles, and hums
- Mixing with automation and reverb
- Calibrating for 5.1 surround mixing and bass management
- Mastering delivery levels and dynamics
- Understanding the Audio Suite enhancements in Pro Tools 10
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 4/04/12. Can you tell me what changed?
A: This update was initiated when Avid released Pro Tools 10. It explains that this course can be taken with either Pro Tools 9 or 10 (the exercise files are compatible with both), and we also added movies that explore the enhanced clip-based gain and Audio Suite features in Pro Tools 10, both of which are useful when building a soundtrack.
1. Getting Ready to Build Audio for Video
2. Working with a Video Project
Exporting OMF and AAF files4m 48s
3. Getting into the Audio for Video Workflow
4. Working with Audio for Video
5. Recording to Picture
6. Learning Audio for Video Techniques
7. Mixing Audio for Video
8. Working in Surround
9. Preparing for Final Delivery
10. Backing Up and Archiving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.