Join Frank D. Cook for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Pro Tools 12 Essential Training: 101.
- [Narrator] Thanks for watching the Pro Tools 101 Course. I hope you've gleaned some new ideas and inspiration from the concepts we've covered and have begun putting them into action in your Pro Tools sessions. I've been a consultant for Digidesign and Avid for over 10 years, I'm also the author of the Pro Tools 101 book as well as a whole series of Pro Tools books and courses published by Avid Technology leading to three levels of certification under the Learning Avid Partner Program. I offer certification for students and instructors at all levels and I never grow tired of learning new ways to utilize the software.
My company, Next Point Training, Inc develops resources for students and educators to support instructor led courses and independent learning. You can check out our online learning platform at elementsed.com. Finally, if you want to dig deeper into audio production, be sure to check out these additional audio and music courses, Audio Recording Techniques and Audio Mixing Bootcamp with Bobby Owsinski, as well as the Foundations of Audio series with Brian Lee White and Alex Case.
And with that, I believe we're finished. So until next, happy trails.
AuthorFrank D. Cook
- Getting started with Pro Tools menus, windows, and edit tools
- Creating a session
- Creating a click track
- Recording audio
- Importing audio and video
- Recording, viewing, and editing MIDI data
- Selecting and navigating within tracks
- Adding markers
- Editing clips
- Creating fade effects
- Mixing tracks and adding automation
- Backing up a session
- Bouncing a mix to disk
Skill Level Beginner
Q. This course was updated on 03/23/2017. What changed?
A. Challenges and solutions were added to chapters 3–10 and three videos were updated in the first couple chapters.
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
Mixing Techniques for Pop Music Part 1with Brian Malouf3h 19m Intermediate
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Pro Tools
2. Getting inside Pro Tools
3. Creating Your First Session
4. Making Your First Audio Recording
5. Importing and Working with Media in a Session
6. Making Your First MIDI Recording
7. Selecting and Navigating
8. Basic Editing Techniques
9. Basic Mixing Techniques
10. Finishing Your Work
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.