Join Brian Malouf for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Mixing Techniques for Pop Music Part 2.
- [Voiceover] Hey, we did it.…Thanks so much for watching this course.…I hope it was as much fun for you to watch…as it was for me to make.…I actually really enjoy sharing the thoughts…I have about mixing and I do hope you…enjoy hearing them.…I want to thank Rumors, Dirty Heads,…Adam Eurone, Zach Hicks, Pena and Allen Stone…for being generous with us and sharing…their music, letting me play it for you…to illustrate some of the points we've made here.…You should also go check them out online…where you can hear these songs and the final mix…of these songs without all the interruptions…that you had to suffer through in this course.…
They're all really great musicians and songwriters.…I also hope you take this course and all…the techniques in it just as a starting point…and experiment for yourselves and let…your own ears take it from here.…These are all simply things that I've…learned over the years and developed…my own techniques for but be sure to make them all your own.…Mix early and often 'cause the more you do it…
- Choosing the right reverb
- Adding digital delay
- Tuning your mix
- Phase shifting and flanging
- Increasing drum power and presence
- Driving home the groove with acoustic guitars
- Adding sheer volume to your mix
- Affecting the effects
- Making the chorus "pop"
- Knowing when your mix is done
Skill Level Intermediate
Mixing Techniques for Pop Music Part 1with Brian Malouf3h 19m Intermediate
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
1. Effects and Ambience
2. Auxiliary and Master Bussing
3. Variables: Finding Your Own Way
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.