Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Audio + Music and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
Want more music production secrets? Check out Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Recording.
- Understanding the mix room acoustics
- Cutting frequencies
- Prepping vocal takes
- Drum mixing
- Gating audio for noise elimination or for creative purposes
- Creating and using backwards reverb in a DAW
- Re-amping guitars, bass, vocals, and more
Skill Level Intermediate
- My name is Larry Crane. I'm the editor and founder of Tape Op Magazine, and the owner of Jackpot! Recording Studio in Portland, Oregon. I put together this course on mixing in order to share with others some of the techniques I've learned over the years, that have helped me create great mixes. In this course, I want to show what can be done with existing tracks, in order to make them work better for the final mix of a song, and ways to prepare them or treat them, and to pull more life and more excitement out of tracks that you already have. I want to guide people through a way of setting up a good place to listen and work on your mixes and your recordings.
And I want to just start with some real fundamentals about working with frequencies. (varying sound frequencies) I really to focus on taking the tracks that you've already recorded, and bring those multi-tracks together, and create a great mix. ? Tell me, what do you see? ? To me, mixing is an art, and I'm going to show you some of my secrets for getting great mixes.