Mixing a Short Film with Pro Tools
In this course, explore a powerful round-trip workflow between Avid Media Composer and Pro Tools to quickly mix dialogue, sound effects, and music for film. Author Scott Hirsch frames the lessons in a way that appeals to filmmakers of all levels, as well as professional and amateur audio mixers. He starts with exporting your tracks from Media Composer and taking advantage of the film and video-specific templates in Pro Tools, which makes project setup a snap. Then discover how to consolidate and edit dialog, fix noise problems and background hum, and add special effects. Finally, explore how to use automation and EQ to enhance and marry your final tracks to the picture.
- Setting up your project
- Exporting audio and video
- Editing dialogue
- Fixing hum and broadband noise issues with processing
- Synchronizing sound effects (SFX)
- Automating volume
- Printing the final mix stems
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Scott Hirsch, and welcome to Mixing a Short Film in Pro Tools. In this course, we'll explore a powerful audio work flow for the audio of your short film, documentary, or other multi-media video project. I'll start by showing you how to export audio from the Avid video editing soft ware and to get going with a useful film and video specific template in Pro Tools. I'll then show you how to consolidate, edit, and clean up your dialog and sync tracks using Pro Tool's powerful editing tools and cross fades.
We'll see how to get rid of unwanted hum and broadband noise using such tools like the built-in seven band equalizer and iZotope's RX 2 plug in. We'll then look at techniques and how to use Pro Tool's automation and clip gain to balance and tonally shape your tracks to get the perfect mix. When we're done, we'll have a completed mix to re-import back to Avid. Now let's get started with Mixing a Short Film in Pro Tools.
Motion: Lighting Effects in Post34,360 Views
Travel Photography: Rome10,866 Views
Design the Web: From Illustrator to HTML5 Canvas36,986 Views
Human Resources Fundamentals125,738 Views
Office for Educators99,000 Views
Pro Tools 11 Essential Training667,887 Views
DaVinci Resolve 11 Essential Training643,439 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,630,123 Views
Audio Recording Techniques1,374,530 Views
Audio for Film and Video with Pro Tools233,589 Views