Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Leveraging clip-based gain in Pro Tools 10, part of Audio for Film and Video with Pro Tools.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
The final mix or re-recording session is the first time all your post-production…elements will be heard together at the same time.…A game-changing new feature of Pro Tools 10 called Clip-Based Gain can help…facilitate this type of workflow.…Ideally, the Re-recording Mixer will start with all track volumes at unity gain…or zero on the mix fader.…That way he or she has enough headroom to pull any sound up or down and is …starting the final mix in a level playing field.…In practice though, this is difficult, because each of the stems may need…their own internal volumes from track to track to sound right together during editing.…
This is where Clip Gain comes in.…In Pro Tools 10, Clip-Based Gain allows you to have an independent volume tied…to each clip, which is what regions are now called in Pro Tools 10.…These Clip Gains come before the clip signal is routed to any plug-ins on the…track, and before it hits the track fader.…They're independent clip volume controls associated and contained only within the…
- Understanding video formats, codecs, and timecode rates
- Importing OMFs and AAFs into Pro Tools
- Spotting film and using markers
- Using room tone
- Creating fades to smooth out audio edits
- Sweetening and hard effects
- Recording ADR and editing with VocALign LE
- Editing out plosives, crackles, and hums
- Mixing with automation and reverb
- Calibrating for 5.1 surround mixing and bass management
- Mastering delivery levels and dynamics
- Understanding the Audio Suite enhancements in Pro Tools 10
Skill Level Intermediate
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
Mixing and Mastering with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White9h 18m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Mark Mothersbaugh, Music Composerwith Mark Mothersbaugh56m 36s Appropriate for all
1. Getting Ready to Build Audio for Video
2. Working with a Video Project
Exporting OMF and AAF files4m 49s
3. Getting into the Audio for Video Workflow
4. Working with Audio for Video
5. Recording to Picture
6. Learning Audio for Video Techniques
7. Mixing Audio for Video
8. Working in Surround
9. Preparing for Final Delivery
10. Backing Up and Archiving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.