Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing OMF and AAF files, part of Audio for Film and Video with Pro Tools.
Once you have your properly exported OMF and the QuickTime reference movie on…hand, it's time to import them into Pro Tools.…Let's check this out.…Getting an OMF or AAF into Pro Tools is a pretty simple process.…Pro Tools even treats an OMF as a session file.…So here we have our deliverables in our OMF.…You can double-click on it to open it or go to Pro Tools and go to File >…Open and choose it. Let's do that.…In Pro Tools, File > Open Session. I find it here. Click on it and click Open.…
This will start a new session.…So we have to check our Audio File Type, Sample Rate, and Bit Depth.…These are all the ones we want to use, so we will click OK.…Then it will ask us where to put it.…So we'll put it in our 03_01, and we will call it andinhrace, which is the name…of the OMF file to begin with.…Pro Tools immediately brings you into this Import Session Data dialog box.…This is the same Import Session Data box we will use to import session data from…other Pro Tools sessions as well.…On the top left you have your Source Properties.…
- Understanding video formats, codecs, and timecode rates
- Importing OMFs and AAFs into Pro Tools
- Spotting film and using markers
- Using room tone
- Creating fades to smooth out audio edits
- Sweetening and hard effects
- Recording ADR and editing with VocALign LE
- Editing out plosives, crackles, and hums
- Mixing with automation and reverb
- Calibrating for 5.1 surround mixing and bass management
- Mastering delivery levels and dynamics
- Understanding the Audio Suite enhancements in Pro Tools 10
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 4/04/12. Can you tell me what changed?
A: This update was initiated when Avid released Pro Tools 10. It explains that this course can be taken with either Pro Tools 9 or 10 (the exercise files are compatible with both), and we also added movies that explore the enhanced clip-based gain and Audio Suite features in Pro Tools 10, both of which are useful when building a soundtrack.
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
Mixing and Mastering with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White9h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Build Audio for Video
2. Working with a Video Project
Exporting OMF and AAF files4m 49s
3. Getting into the Audio for Video Workflow
4. Working with Audio for Video
5. Recording to Picture
6. Learning Audio for Video Techniques
7. Mixing Audio for Video
8. Working in Surround
9. Preparing for Final Delivery
10. Backing Up and Archiving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.