Fixing everything from vocals to bass to add 'glue' to your mix
- [Voiceover] There have been times when I just couldn't…get a song to gel, and by that I mean…when I've really got a mix tuned in the way…I want it to be, when it's really working…and it's all cohesive, to me it sounds like a giant…bell has been rung.…It's almost that feeling that you get when…the mix is just...…Oh this is so solid, I've got everything picture perfect…and it really is moving me.…And there are times where I feel like I've done…all the right levels and all the right moves…but it's not doing that.…And it's in those times that I look at the bass instrument…and make sure it's in tune.…
Now let's listen to this song for a moment.…This is Adam Yaron.…(Everywhere by Adam Yaron is playing)…So this is the bass that plays in this section.…And this is one of those songs where I'm not so sure…it's grooving the way it should be,…but the bass seemed pretty in tune but…just to be sure, I put this auto-tune on it.…
It's not doing much for most of the notes…but when any bass player plays, he pulls the strings…a little bit, even on this program bass of a live instrument…
- Choosing the right reverb
- Adding digital delay
- Tuning your mix
- Phase shifting and flanging
- Increasing drum power and presence
- Driving home the groove with acoustic guitars
- Adding sheer volume to your mix
- Affecting the effects
- Making the chorus "pop"
- Knowing when your mix is done
Skill Level Intermediate
Mixing Techniques for Pop Music, Part 1with Brian Malouf3h 19m Intermediate
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
1. Effects and Ambience
2. Auxiliary and Master Bussing
3. Variables: Finding Your Own Way
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.