Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video How to get reverse reverb, part of Audio Mixing Master Class.
- [Instructor] There aren't many times…when you'll need this trick…but when the situation arises…you'll have the perfect thing to make the track special.…The reverse reverb trick is one of those…that always brings the oohs and ahs from a client.…First of all, let's listen to this part of a track…and then I'll show you what we're going to reverse.…(heavy music)…We're going to reverse this part of the track right here.…(heavy music)…And really all we want is a snare right now, this part here.…
(drum track)…It doesn't sound like much right here.…(drum track)…We can make it work and sound really good.…And the easiest way to do this is,…first of all, make a new track.…Here's a new mono audio track.…And then we're just going to duplicate…this one section right here, this one region.…And the way we're going to do that…is we're going to press the option key…and then just drag this down.…So now we have a brand new track with a brand new region.…
(drum track)…Here we go.…Now, the easiest way to do this…is we're going to reverse…
See how the pros handle the critical balance between the bass and drums. Learn where, when, why, and how EQ should be used on virtually any instrument. Become proficient in tailoring just the right effect for each particular mixing situation. And master the key to fat and punchy sounding mixes: compression. Tune in every Thursday for a new tip!
- The Abbey Road Studios reverb trick
- Secrets to a powerful and punchy mix
- Using compression like NYC pros
- Listening tips and tricks used by the world's best mixers
- How Van Halen gets their guitar sound
- Making vocals shine
- Adding excitement to boring pad tracks
- Setting up your mix to get the best results in the least amount of time
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
New This Week
Audio Mixing Master Class - Previous Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.